NewBridge delivers relevant experience to our Client
NewBridge makes your reclamation solution an easy decision.
With our proprietary methodology, NewBridge Services monitors bonded mine sites to ensure compliance with reclamation requirements and identify any potential operational issues that may eventually lead to surety losses developing.
With more than 200 years of direct experience in mining reclamation operations under applicable state and federal laws, NewBridge’s expertise is unequaled in the United States.
Coal Mining Leaders
The most experienced coal mining expertise means intelligent, effective reclamation success stories.
NewBridge Services recognizes the priority of complying with current environmental rules and regulations while running a cost-effective mining operation.
Our consulting team offers advanced environmental engineering services to expertly balance the economic and environmental demands of the mining industry.
Surety Bond Companies
Value-added partnerships create cost-effective solutions.
Profitable mining projects often demand an independent, experienced, long term perspective that gives you expert oversight and dynamic management.
We have extensive experience with all types of mining projects on every continent includes surface and underground mines, slope stability and strata control, rock engineering, heap leach processes, tailings disposal, acid rock drainage, waste engineering and environmental monitoring and management.
Law Firms & Trustees
NewBridge delivers responsive, responsible and comprehensive results.
We research and assess the extent and scope of documented mines and coal seams.
Our professionals will inspect a project site or corridor reviewing mining impacts such as subsidence features, mine shafts, unnatural terrain, landslides and discolored streams.
Discover the NewBridge Advantage
Your path to successful reclamation outcomes
What NewBridge Brings to Every Project
NewBridge Services has provided risk evaluation services and loss mitigation to the surety industry for more than 30 years. Our company helps structure manageable bonding programs and provide ongoing monitoring of the process.
- Mine sites monitoring for projects bonded through Cumberland Surety to ensure compliance with reclamation requirements and identify any potential operational issues that may eventually lead to surety losses developing. With more than 200 years of direct experience in mining reclamation operations under applicable state and federal laws, NewBridge’s expertise is unequaled in the United States.
- Developing and managing large reclamation workout programs. The company functions as a program architect, consultant, and/or general contractor in situations where significant reclamation obligations need resolution to allow acquisition, merger, or bankruptcy.
- Performing risk evaluation and loss mitigation to the surety industry by structuring manageable bonding programs and ongoing monitoring of the programs.
Over the past 12 years, NewBridge has engineered solutions for a variety of projects that required resolution to problematic reclamation obligations. These include:
- Lodestar – A project involving reclamation of 20 different sites over 4.5 years as a cost of $8.5 million. The resolution of this project earned NewBridge the 2010 Commissioner’s Award for Excellence in Reclamation.
- Elgin Mining – A $6.9 million project involved nine permitted sites that required 18 months to complete. On one site, NewBridge planted more than 300,000 trees to rehabilitate an area where traditional reclamation efforts by others had failed.
- Manalapan – A $2.7 million project that involved 11 permits. The project was completed and accepted in seven months.
NewBridge also has performed formal analyses of operator’s exposure for Chas Coal, Appalachian Fuels, Trinity Coal, and Utica Insurance Company. The reports proved instrumental to the resolution of questions around sale, merger and reclamation obligations.
NewBridge Reclamation Services
- Assessment of closure requirements
- Management of closure planning
- Assistance with public consultation
- Development of closure concepts
- Waste characterization and geochemical assessment
- Hydrologic assessments
- Seismic assessments
- Water quality predictions
- Environment assessment
- Earthworks stability assessments
- Earthworks design
- Soil cover design
- Reclamation design
- Landform engineering
- Water treatment system design
- Water diversion design
- Construction QA and QC
- Construction contract management
- Construction environmental management
- Design-build packages
- Preliminary and detailed cost estimates
- Development of cost estimation models
NewBridge Services monitors sites bonded through surety companies including Cumberland Surety.
Our site monitoring is comprehensive and professionally responsible for all parties and conditions. Check out the details >>
Large Workout Programs
We manage large reclamation projects as program architect, consultant, and/or general contractor.
The industry leader specializing in reclamation obligations needing resolution to allow acquisition, merger, or bankruptcy.
Comprehensive, precise assessment & evaluation reports leveraging advanced methodologies.
Our risk analysis methodology is considered the gold standard in the industry. Find out why >>